What To Know:
Go to the Me tab > select the three-dots > Manage Account > Switch to Pro Account > Business.
This article will show you how to check which features are available to your personal account, how you can switch to a Business account so that you can get more features, and why it’s worth it.
How to See If You Can Add a Website to Your TikTok Bio
Some users already have the ability to add a clickable link in their bio. To see if the ability is already there, tap the Me tab and then tap Edit Profile. If you have the ability to add a clickable link, you will have an option in here that says Website. If you do not have that option, you can change your account to give you that option (see below).
How to Add a Link to Your TikTok Bio (Business Accounts)
If you don’t have an option to add a link to your bio, then to do that, you need to change your account to a business account. This is free, and you can always change back later if you want. You will not lose anything by switching back and forth except analytic data.
The main difference between using a Personal TikTok account and a business TikTok account is the availability of sounds and songs you can use in the videos you create. Some songs and sounds are not licensed for commercial use, which means a business account cannot use them.
- Tap the Me tab and then tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap Manage Account.
- Tap Switch to Pro Account.
- Tap Business > Continue.
- Choose a category for your business.
Once you have changed your account over to a business account, you will have the ability to add a link to your bio.
- Tap the Me tab.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- Tap Add your website.https://02449a4ce4027fead352d454d09bce03.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html
- Type the website address into the Website box.
- Tap Save.
What Can I Use a Link in My Bio For?
You can use the link in your bio to link to sites that will help people enjoy more of your content or support you directly. Some linking options include:
- A personal website to promote your work
- Venmo or Paypal accounts to draw contributions
- A Patreon page for contributions
- An about page to help people get to know you better
- A cause you want to support
What’s most important is this allows you to get people where you need them to go.
What Links Can Already Be Included in the Bio for a Personal TikTok Account?
TikTok is limited in terms of what you can link to in your bio. You can add an Instagram account and a YouTube channel. You can also type a website in your bio, but it won’t be a clickable link. In short, switching to a business account is the easiest way to make sure your followers are going where you need them to go, and you can switch back at any time.
How to Switch Back to a Personal TikTok Account
If you decide a business account isn’t for you, you can switch back to a personal account. You will lose any analytic data, though. If you want to proceed, it’s easy!
- Tap the Me tab.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap Manage account.
- Tap Switch to Personal account and then when prompted tap Switch Back,