GetContact app allows you to define number owners and find out how a contact is signed in other users’ address books. In May 2023, 5 years after its launch, the application ranks 50th among the Google Play top charts in the Utility section. And this is despite the fact that GetContact collects the personal data of users.
In this article, I try to explain how to delete personal data from the GetContact database.
How to Delete your number from GetContact?
As noted by the developers themselves, deleting a profile in GetContact does not remove the number from the database application. However, to protect yourself, it is recommended to deactivate the account. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the app and go to the “Other” menu;
- Select “Settings” and then “Account Setup”;
- Go to “Account Management”, click “Lock Account” and confirm the action.
It is noteworthy that your data will not be visible in the application until you log in to GetContact again.
To completely remove your data from the app you should do the following:
- Go to page of official site GetContact: https://www.getcontact.com/en/unlist ;
- Log in;
- Scroll to the end of the page that opens and click Visibility settings;
- To prevent your data and tags from being available to other users, switch the slider to Off;
- Confirm the Action.
After performing these actions, your personal data will be hidden from search and your account will be deleted.
Why I will remove my number from Getcontact app?
I will remove my number from GetContact app for several reasons.
Firstly, I value my privacy and do not want my personal information to be accessible to a third-party app without my consent. Secondly, I do not want to be contacted by strangers or unsolicited marketing calls, which are often the result of having my number listed on such apps. Lastly, I am concerned about the security of my personal data, as there have been instances of data breaches and leaks in the past.
For these reasons, I have decided to remove my number from the Getcontact app.