IDE is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development.
There are a lot of IDEs accessible in the market, both for Free and Paid, and picking one can be a tricky job.
- What do you mean by IDE?
- What is IDE with examples?
- Why would you use an IDE?
- What is the best IDE to learn PHP?
- What is the best IDE for PHP?
Integrated Development Environment Definition:
An integrated development environment (IDE) is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development. An IDE normally consists of a source code editor, build automation tools, and a debugger. Most modern IDEs have intelligent code completion. Wikipedia link
What does IDE stand for software?
Here the Best 9 IDEs for Developing on PHP we will be looking at:
PhpStorm is perfect for working with Symfony, Drupal, WordPress, Zend Framework, Laravel, Magento, Joomla!, CakePHP, Yii, and other frameworks.
The editor actually ‘gets’ your code and deeply understands its structure, supporting all PHP language features for modern and legacy projects. It provides the best code completion, refactorings, on-the-fly error prevention, and more.
2. Cloud 9
Also See: Community big PHP IDEs list
3. Komodo IDE
With discounts for students, freelancers, and individuals for $147
Open-Source and Education FREE, Solo Developers $1/mo.
You can easily combine language support and other features into any of our default packages, and the Eclipse Marketplace allows for virtually unlimited customization and extension.
Load PHP IDE by Eclipse.
6. Sublime Text
- Platform(s): Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris
- Price: FREE (CDDL or GPLv2)
- More Information: Integration of Subversion, Mercurial, and Git, NetBeans Profiler
Best lightweight IDE for PHP programming?
- phpStorm has a “power saver option” that makes it much more responsive.
- Vim with neocomplcache and vdebug plugins. (http://www.koch.ro/blog/index.php?/archives/63-VIM-an-a-PHP-IDE.html)
- SciTE is very light and fast. No custom code completion though.
So, if you are a PHP Programmer or even a beginner — save this page!