What to Know
Downloading Twitter videos on a PC or Mac is the easiest method. Copy the tweet’s URL and head to sssTwitter Tool.
How to download videos from Twitter from Chrome, Safari or another web browser?
The easy way to download videos from Twitter, ready to watch offline whenever you like
How to download videos from sssTwitter tool online
With twitter downloader, you can download both videos (since you can already save images natively) and here are the steps involved:
- Open Twitter in your phone app or browser.
- Copy the URL of the video/GIF-containing tweet.
- Paste the link in the URL field on sssTwitter and click “Download”.
You can select your preferred resolution for the video clip and download it. For example, a 960×720 px video in mp4 format will take only 744 kb. But the file name consists of random characters, which makes it difficult to identify it in a folder.
Whatch this video guide:
To be honest, even though I work in digital marketing, I very often download videos from Twitter. If you do it more often, catch another way. It’s much easier than the aforementioned way.
Install Chrome Extention – Link
1) After installation, Extention added a “Download” button under every Tweet with a video embed.
2) Press the “Download” button and choose a desirable quality.
3) Your video will be downloaded quickly.
How to download videos from Twitter to an iPhone or iPad (iOS)
As an iPhone owner, it is important for me to be able to use this tool on my phone. Unfortunately, it is more complicated and requires 5 steps to save the video:
- Open the tweet with the video you want to download. You can use the Safari browser or the official app.
- Copy the link of the Tweet.
- Launch the installed file manager app and find a Browser tab in the bottom right corner. Open it.
- In the browser address bar type ssstwitter.com and hit Enter. You should see a field where you can paste the copied link and then tap the Download button.
- In a couple of seconds, you will get several links for the desired video. Chose the quality of the video. That is it!
How to download videos from Twitter to an Android
Users of Android devices are in luck. Just 4 steps and the right video is in your pocket:
Step 1. Open the video you want to download. You can do it with a web-browser or official Twitter app.
Step 2. Copy the link of the Tweet.
Step 3. Go back to ssstwitter.com and paste the link at the top.
Step 4. Press the Download button and choose resolution.
You can also install apps on your phone for easy access, but I find it safer to run web app from my browser instead of giving more permissions to third-party apps on my device.
What tool do you use to download videos from Twitter and usually use it from your phone or computer?