Java development is a good choice when it comes to web project creation. This programming language is quite user-friendly while there are a lot of professionals on the market who may create a stable and secure web app for your business. However, let’s find out what are Java developer job duties and how to hire these specialists in the most beneficial way.
Who Is a Java Developer?
A Java developer is a specialist whose main specialization is Java web programming. To date, Java is one of the most popular programming languages and there are 7,1 million Java developers in the world. Thus, there is a perfect match between their supply and demand. What’s more, most of these specialists are working according to the web development outsourcing model we will discuss a little later.
What Are Java Developer Roles and Responsibilities?
As a rule, Java programming is the top duty among Java developer roles and responsibilities. However, depending on the specifics of the project, this specialist may be involved in dealing with further tasks.
- Business needs analysis. At this stage of project development, a Java developer works closely with the Business Analyst since the first needs to gain business-specific insights of what needs to be created and how the customer imagines the problem-solving approach.
- Code writing, testing, and deployment. Everything is quite clear with code writing. When it comes to its testing, an Entry-level Java developer works with the QA (Quality Assurance) and testing team, gets their feedback on the bugs that need to be fixed, and proceeds to code deployment when all the mistakes are corrected. Also, a lot of companies follow DevOps practices to shorten the distance between the development and operational teams and streamline the project launch.
- Project management. As it was with the case of business analysis, a Java developer may take some part in the project management process to keep up to date with the changing requirements of the customer, deadlines, and feedback.
- System maintenance and optimization. Also, the Java developer may be involved in the app’s maintenance and optimization after the solution is launched and there is the first feedback from real users.
Why Does Your Business Need Java Developers?
There are a lot of Java developers advantages you may consider for your project development. As you have already understood, there are a lot of Java developer roles and responsibilities he/she may perform at each stage of your app creation. Secondly, you may hire this specialist very profitably, for example, by contacting SPD-Group development company which has a tech-savvy Java developers team under their roof.
Also, there are a lot of Java developers in the world you may choose from. The choice is this specialist is more than wide so you shouldn’t be limited by your location only. All the other benefits are centered around Java technology as such.
- Java is the second popular programming language in the world and this is quite a strong reason to consider the tool for your project development.
- Java allows for customer-centric application creation that will be easy to maintain and improve.
- Java makes the development of stable and secure applications possible as well.
Outsourcing vs in-House: What Is the Best for Software Development?
So, if there is the need to hire Java developers for your project creation, you have two options to choose from – you may either outsource your web development tasks to the third-party vendor or gather the development team under your roof. Both of the approaches have their pros and cons, so, let’s find them out.
In this case, you should find a development company that already has a team of Java programmers or a full-fledged development team (a project manager, testers, designers, business analysts, researchers, and marketers) and entrust your whole development process to the third-party’s team.
In this case, you are responsible for gathering your development team in your office, supplying them with all the necessary equipment, paying wages and taxes, and so on. This project development approach seems to be more transparent, however, it portends a lot of work to be done.
Thus, outsourcing your project development seems to be a better strategy since it saves your time, money, and effort. What’s more, this practice is widely adopted and there are a lot of reliable development vendors to choose from.
According to An Exploratory Study on Strategic Software Development Outsourcing(PDF), “Business organizations are realizing that Software Development Outsourcing (SDO) is now an imperative and strategic step for their system operation success and that SDO really means best practice.”
Thus, the only thing remaining is to get in touch with an experienced and tech-savvy development company to make your project creation really effective and get all the benefits of the outsourcing model.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Java Developers?
There are two essential factors that influence the cost of hiring Java developers:
- Their location. The difference in cost can be tenfold – for example, if you compare Java developers from the top American companies and Indian programmers who will work with you remotely.
- The amount of work you want to assign to them and describe in your Java developer job description. The more time it takes Java developers to create the functionality necessary for the full operation of your application, the higher the price will be in the end.
What Are the Best Regions Where You Can Hire Java Developers?
There are four main regions you may consider for getting in touch with highly-skilled Java developers.
- Ukraine. Ukraine is the main outsourcing destination in Eastern Europe since there is no better price-quality ratio in this region. Also, Ukrainian programmers have a high technical education which allows them to stay competitive year after year. As for the prices, the cost per hour of development is $20-50.
- Poland. Poland is a slightly more expensive destination in comparison with Ukraine, but the difference is compensated by a more European mentality. As for the level of training of specialists, Ukraine wins anyway.
- Argentina. As for this destination, it is especially attractive for American startups because here you may hire quite an affordable workforce, plus there is a convenient business hour overlapping. Also, there is no language barrier but can be some striking differences in mentality.
- India. As for India, this is the best destination in terms of cost. Also, there are a lot of developers to choose from. So, this country is good to outsource to if you want to start your project development almost instantly and save a lot. However, you still need to be careful with Indian development vendors’ choices; (Boeing may share some experience).
Read more about Offshore Software Development here.
So, using Java for your project development is quite a wise solution. Surely, you should analyze the specifics of your future solution before deciding on the technology choice. However, if you decide to proceed with Java, there will be no issues with Java developers hiring. What’s more, the cost to involve these specialists in your project is also quite responsible and affordable, especially if you choose the right outsourcing destination.