This Guide How will teach you how to search for videos on Tiktok on the mobile app only since the search feature is not available on the web.
- Open Tiktok. This app icon looks like a black, red, and green music note that you’ll find on one of your Home screens, in the app drawer, or by searching.
- Tap. You’ll see this magnifying glass along with “Discover” at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the search bar. It’s at the top of your screen.
- Type your search. Before you press “Enter” or “Search” on your keyboard, you’ll see a list of recommended search results appear in a drop-down below the search box. You can tap one of these to see that search, or you can press “Enter” or “Search” on your phone’s keyboard to see all your search results.
- Your search results will be sorted between “Top,” “Users,” “Videos”, “Sounds”, and “Hashtags.”
Find Trending Songs
Because Tiktok is a dance- and music-based app, trending songs are also an important part of a successful strategy on the platform. The most common way to do this is by scrolling through your For You Page, as the algorithm will be showing you some of the most popular videos right now.
However, if you took our earlier advice and followed TikTok influencers, you can also go to your Following page to see what the influencers you’re following are posting. From there, you can click the small spinning circle in the bottom right corner of the video. That will take you to a page that shows all of the videos that were created using that audio. This is a great way to see which songs are trending.
Many users will do just that. When they find a song or audio clip that they like, they’ll want to see what other videos were created using that same clip. So, they click through to see the rest of the videos. If you create a video using a popular song, you can increase the chances that your video will be seen.