Despite a $5.7 million FTC fine and changes to restrict its use by those younger than 13 years old, TikTok retained its No. 1 position as the most downloaded app on the Apple App Store.
I am delighted! My internal marketer is happy like a child. The next trend in 2021 which can be expanded on the shelves.
The story of the application TikTok (Douyin). This is the Chinese analog of the SnapChat, who conquered the younger generation around the world.
I want to tell you more about the mechanics of this application and about its path to the TOP rankings of worldwide applications Apple and Android Stores.
Table of Content:
- Audience Interests
- Traffic Sources
- Similar Apps
- 8 Lessons to Grow own App like a TikTok
- How much is the development of such an application?
- Build own App Empire
- US Government War
As per ProductHunt.com, “TikTok mobile app has more number of downloads than Spotify, Snapchat & Gmail combined on App Store.
A year later, we can already see how the history of this trend has developed. In the first article I recorded constant growth, but what about now. In 2019, the app had a big surge, the whole world learned about it.
The next kick to the top TikTok got with the start of quarantine 2020. In a restricted environment, people started looking for a new pastime. And already this summer, we saw several surges in popularity due to the proceedings and scandals surrounding the leaks and the sale of the app.
Users who visited TikTok, also visited the following websites via bookmarks, type-in traffic or other direct navigation methods (does not include clicking on links).
Here are some data points on TikTok’s users’ Demographics:
- Almost 50% of users are above 24 years old;
- 44% are female (-16% since 2019);
- Over 60% have college degrees;
- Around 40% live in first- and second-tier cities
- 26.5 million monthly active users are from the USA
UPD: TikTok has already overtaken Facebook in one age segment 13–16.
Top categories and apps used by “TikTok” users
Get all the data you need to fully optimize your app store page and get better traction for your app
See which mobile apps are related to this site
TikTok Continues Its Climb With 75 Million New Users in December, Up 275% Y2Y
According to Sensor Tower’s Store Intelligence estimates, the app added 315 million new users worldwide across the App Store and Google Play for the first quarter of 2020, representing year-over-year growth of 58 percent from 187 million on Q1 2019.
8 Ways to Grow like a TikTok
Here are eight lessons on TikTok’s meteoric rise that your companies can learn from:
- Hint 1: Help creators grow.
- Hint 2: Unleash the creativity of ordinary people.
- Hint 3: Topic marketing — give people something to make videos about.
- Hint 4: Make content creation frictionless.
- Hint 6: Personalized recommendation is key.
- Hint 7: Where there is content, there is commerce.
- Hint 8: Take it Global.
How much is the development of such an application?
In the end, it all depends on the amount of functionality.
Some factors can be helpful to determine the cost of the similar mobile app including choice of operating platform (Android, iOS or Cross-Platform), development team, features, functionality, complexity, no. of hours required to develop the app and so on.
Keeping all the above factors in mind, it has been concluded that the average cost to develop an app like TikTok may go up to $40,000, especially when you are getting the app developed by Outsourcing Companies.
Content and community aren’t the only things contributing to TikTok’s growth.
The Truth about Tiktok
I cannot emphasize enough how messed up this entire “sell TikTok to an American company” saga is. The latest twist is a deeply confusing set of executive orders banning transactions with ByteDance (TikTok’s Chinese parent company) and WeChat (a Chinese texting app). The legal dubiousness of this move is the least strange thing about it. Read more.
Research tools and links:
Bonus: 25 Secrets to Grow Your TikTok Account Fast
Why would you want to grow your TikTok account?
Even if you don’t think that your brand or niche would go well on TikTok, you should still be on there.
- Make Your Profile Picture Friendly
- Get Your Profile Right
- Share Your Other Social Media Channels
- Find Self-Made Influencers
- Keep Your Videos Short
- Use Popular Songs
- Use Popular Hashtags
- Make the Most of Viral Challenges
- Know When to Post
- Network With the Big Guys
- Connect With Your Audience by Livestreaming
- Share Your Content Elsewhere
- Make Sure Your Thumbnails Are Engaging
- Maintain Consistency
- Interact with Content That You Like
- Instagram and YouTube
- Follow Popular TikTok Creators
- Regularly Check the ‘For You’ Section
- Figure Out Your Target Audience
- Hit Those Trends at the Right Time
- Come Up with Your Own Challenge
- Be as Original as Possible
- Repost TikTok as UGC
- Come Up With a Good CTA
- Use a Growth Service