Thinking about creating your project with Java? Find out what are Java developer job duties, roles, and responsibilities according to the job description first. This article is going to help.
Considering the Options to Hire This Specialist in 2021
Java development is a good choice when it comes to web project creation. This programming language is quite user-friendly while there are a lot of professionals on the market who may create a stable and secure web app for your business. However, let’s find out what are Java developer job duties and how to hire these specialists in the most beneficial way.
Who Is a Java Developer?
A Java developer is a specialist whose main specialization is Java web programming. To date, Java is one of the most popular programming languages and there are 7,1 million Java developers in the world. Thus, there is a perfect match between their supply and demand. What’s more, most of these specialists are working according to the web development outsourcing model we will discuss a little later.
What Are Java Developer Roles and Responsibilities?
As a rule, Java programming is the top duty among Java developer roles and responsibilities. However, depending on the specifics of the project, this specialist may be involved in dealing with further tasks.
- Business needs analysis. At this stage of project development, a Java developer works closely with the Business Analyst since the first needs to gain business-specific insights of what needs to be created and how the customer imagines the problem-solving approach.
- Code writing, testing, and deployment. Everything is quite clear with code writing. When it comes to its testing, an Entry-level Java developer works with the QA (Quality Assurance) and testing team, gets their feedback on the bugs that need to be fixed, and proceeds to code deployment when all the mistakes are corrected. Also, a lot of companies follow DevOps practices to shorten the distance between the development and operational teams and streamline the project launch.
- Project management. As it was with the case of business analysis, a Java developer may take some part in the project management process to keep up to date with the changing requirements of the customer, deadlines, and feedback.
- System maintenance and optimization. Also, the Java developer may be involved in the app’s maintenance and optimization after the solution is launched and there is the first feedback from real users.
Why Does Your Business Need Java Developers?
There are a lot of Java developers advantages you may consider for your project development. As you have already understood, there are a lot of Java developer roles and responsibilities he/she may perform at each stage of your app creation. Secondly, you may hire this specialist very profitably, for example, by contacting SPD-Group development company which has a tech-savvy Java developers team under their roof.
Also, there are a lot of Java developers in the world you may choose from. The choice is this specialist is more than wide so you shouldn’t be limited by your location only. All the other benefits are centered around Java technology as such.
- Java is the second popular programming language in the world and this is quite a strong reason to consider the tool for your project development.
- Java allows for customer-centric application creation that will be easy to maintain and improve.
- Java makes the development of stable and secure applications possible as well.
Outsourcing vs in-House: What Is the Best for Software Development?
So, if there is the need to hire Java developers for your project creation, you have two options to choose from – you may either outsource your web development tasks to the third-party vendor or gather the development team under your roof. Both of the approaches have their pros and cons, so, let’s find them out.
In this case, you should find a development company that already has a team of Java programmers or a full-fledged development team (a project manager, testers, designers, business analysts, researchers, and marketers) and entrust your whole development process to the third-party’s team.
- You may choose from the widest talent pool possible. When outsourcing your web development, you are not limited to your physical location anymore.
- Outsourcing is up to 60% more effective in terms of costs if to compare it with gathering an in-house team.
- Outsourcing your web development task, you don’t need to worry about organization issues since they are solved on the side of the vendor.
- Outsourcing means less control compared to having your development team in-house. However, this issue can easily be solved by an experienced development vendor who is able to establish effective communication.
- There can be mentality gaps, different time zones and language barriers. However, this problem can also easily be solved by choosing the right outsourcing destination with similar mentality features and convenient business hours overlappings.
In this case, you are responsible for gathering your development team in your office, supplying them with all the necessary equipment, paying wages and taxes, and so on. This project development approach seems to be more transparent, however, it portends a lot of work to be done.
- You get absolute control over your team. Thus, you may be sure that your team is involved in your project development only, and you may check their progress and results every time you want to.
- Developing your project in-house can be quite costly since you need to pay for rent, licenses, and equipment.
- Hiring and gathering your development team can be time-consuming. What’s more, without recruitment skills, finding the right person may be challenging, and there is a great risk of making a mistake with a team member who will need to be replaced very soon.
Thus, outsourcing your project development seems to be a better strategy since it saves your time, money, and effort. What’s more, this practice is widely adopted and there are a lot of reliable development vendors to choose from.
According to An Exploratory Study on Strategic Software Development Outsourcing(PDF), “Business organizations are realizing that Software Development Outsourcing (SDO) is now an imperative and strategic step for their system operation success and that SDO really means best practice.”
Thus, the only thing remaining is to get in touch with an experienced and tech-savvy development company to make your project creation really effective and get all the benefits of the outsourcing model.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Java Developers?
There are two essential factors that influence the cost of hiring Java developers:
- Their location. The difference in cost can be tenfold – for example, if you compare Java developers from the top American companies and Indian programmers who will work with you remotely.
- The amount of work you want to assign to them and describe in your Java developer job description. The more time it takes Java developers to create the functionality necessary for the full operation of your application, the higher the price will be in the end.
What Are the Best Regions Where You Can Hire Java Developers?
There are four main regions you may consider for getting in touch with highly-skilled Java developers.
- Ukraine. Ukraine is the main outsourcing destination in Eastern Europe since there is no better price-quality ratio in this region. Also, Ukrainian programmers have a high technical education which allows them to stay competitive year after year. As for the prices, the cost per hour of development is $20-50.
- Poland. Poland is a slightly more expensive destination in comparison with Ukraine, but the difference is compensated by a more European mentality. As for the level of training of specialists, Ukraine wins anyway.
- Argentina. As for this destination, it is especially attractive for American startups because here you may hire quite an affordable workforce, plus there is a convenient business hour overlapping. Also, there is no language barrier but can be some striking differences in mentality.
- India. As for India, this is the best destination in terms of cost. Also, there are a lot of developers to choose from. So, this country is good to outsource to if you want to start your project development almost instantly and save a lot. However, you still need to be careful with Indian development vendors’ choices; (Boeing may share some experience).
Read more about Offshore Software Development here.
So, using Java for your project development is quite a wise solution. Surely, you should analyze the specifics of your future solution before deciding on the technology choice. However, if you decide to proceed with Java, there will be no issues with Java developers hiring. What’s more, the cost to involve these specialists in your project is also quite responsible and affordable, especially if you choose the right outsourcing destination.
Ukraine is among the countries on the way to being the top software development destination for countries in Europe. The IT industry generally grows due to the rich technical environment, the pool of expert developers, and high education levels. Through handling many projects globally, the country became renown between the sturdiest IT specialists.
The article highlights what makes the distinct Ukrainian developers have such detailed profiles. Read on for the top facts regarding the talent market for thriving co-operations with the engineers.
1. Overall facts
Many businesses bear in mind Ukraine as the destination for software developers. The country has continually been a top-rated IT outsourcing place. Generally, the developers begin training in the careers at the age between 21-29. The quality assurance engineers on the other end must have an average of 23-29 years. The designers plus front-end software developers remain the youngest while the eldest being project managers, system administrators, and top managers.
Currently, the Ukranian IT industry receives considerable tech graduates. The fact arises from the growing status of IT careers. Also, the number of women within the sector keeps increasing and more continue to gain acceptance in the firms as specialists. The female is known for positions like quality assurance, software development, and PR, HR, and Sales. The cities like Kharkiv, Kyiv, and Lviv have the most significant population of developers.
2. Vibrant Tech Experience
The Ukrainian cities recently have many working in IT outsourcing and IT product firms. The outsourced services mainly drive the growth within the industry. Unlike other European countries, Ukraine is well-known for low living costs, so there are economical software development service rates. The low-grade and high-ranking software engineers have an equal number in the central IT cities. The Ukrainian IT experts with 5 years and more of practice rank as the system administrators and top managers.
3. Career Contentment
From the truth that Ukraine ranks among the top globally advanced economies, without doubts the population cheerfully choose tech careers. Some of the reasons for getting involved in the scene include the passion for technologies, high incomes, and career development. Of course, it gets more obvious software developers are keen on critical aspects when selecting the jobs.
The other thing that makes the industry exciting is the fact that in the end, the specialists get satisfied with the work. The jobs become rightly exciting and will never feel it is boring. The largest population of Ukrainian developers have satisfying salaries and bonuses. Other than just the main task, several developers here operate or have plans of starting personal projects.
4. Work Settings
The other factor that makes work satisfying is Ukraine’s rich tech workspaces and environment. Most IT specialists get fueled by ambient offices as evident in the fast-growing startup community. With a few working remotely, from home, and co-working places, the open offices remain popular. The professionals work for 40 hours every week while senior managers are known as workaholics going for up to 60 hours or more per week.
5. Future Objectives
While some IT specialists plan to have side hustle besides the permanent jobs, many aspire to become seniors or frontrunners in the coming 5 years. Generally, such shared dreams exist amid business analysts, designers, QA engineers, and front-end developers. Also, the non-technical professionals and Project managers (PM) look to be the highest managers.
Still, the Ukrainian IT sector is anticipated to stretch to billions of firms. The local software engineers, therefore, have interests in beginning personal businesses in the coming years. Even with much work and satisfying salaries, other developers plan to relocate and work overseas. Yes, there are high chances of project managers, IT specialists, and QA engineers to look for jobs in distant countries.
6. Education Level
Ukraine boasts of many universities and colleges which produces graduates every year. Like other countries, valuing innovation students progress locally with degrees in the IT fields. What is more, the total of manufacturing, engineering, and construction advances have equal female and male.
The high education levels make English language skills in the population to give better performance. The persons engaged in the upper, transitional or higher levels are as well good English command, unlike other Ukrainian IT experts.
7. The Ability to Speak in English
Most of Ukraine’s IT outsourcing and software development companies provide English lessons for the employees. On top of the population that devote time to personal studies, the fluency levels increases. The country besides gives many learning opportunities for scholars interested in the futuristic community. The time-honored tech education system ensures the continual entry of the trained experts to the Ukrainian IT industry. In turn, many of the developers plus IT firms get busy in outsourcing services.
Finally, the majority of the Ukrainian IT professionals enjoy the work. The population selects the tech career due to the inborn love for technologies. Even though there are high salaries and bonuses, the primary reason affecting the selection of the company comprises exciting tasks, career growth, and contented work environments.