Six years have passed since the moment when mobile payments were transformed by Apple Pay. The number of active Apple Pay users keeps constantly growing. And according to Statista, last year 441 million Apple Pay users performed 10 billion transactions. The numbers are quite impressive, aren’t they? And it is not a surprise because our way of living changed and now it demands more fast and convenient services. It is easier to pay using your Apple device rather than a physical wallet.
Have you noticed that less and less people buy things in malls? They’d rather make an online purchase instead of standing in the line for a fitting room or a counter. It is much faster and less tedious to choose an item and make one-tap payment on the websites. And that is what makes Apple Pay so popular. We have already covered the topic of Apple Pay on websites, how to implement it and what business advantages it offers. And now we would like to share with you a list of top websites supporting Apple Pay.
Where to use your digital wallet?
Without doubt, Apple Pay irreversibly changed the way we do online shopping. Each year more and more websites add it as a payment option. Apple Pay has numerous advantages and among them we’d like to emphasize such key ones as convenience and security.
- Convenience. The less actions a customer has to perform when making an order – the better. Just imagine how irritated customers may end up if they do their Christmas shopping. They probably need to buy various items on different websites, which, in turn, make them enter payment details again and again. That’s just too much effort. So Apple Pay resolved this major issue and made all its users forget about an annoying checkout procedure. With a single tap on Touch ID sensor a person can handle all purchases and transfer money to a retailer’s account.
- Security. You’ve probably heard how the whole databases of online retailers can get hacked or stolen. It is insecure to store your card number on a device. So Apple Pay offers a perfect secure solution. It transfers your money using a special Dynamic Security Code and Device Account Number. You will be charged only after you tapped Touch ID sensor and your fingertip was recognized and accepted by the system. You actual card numbers will not be stored on Apple servers.
It is understandable why many big merchants enable the Apple Pay option on their websites. And it is only a matter of time before all more or less big online stores will support it. The integration process is not complicated and does not require any special skills. It is way harder to develop a web application itself than incorporate Apple Pay in it. So in case you are only thinking about web app development and you need a solution for business, take time and think about all crucial features and payment method it is going to offer.
Before you make a final decision on what your iOS application should be, take a minute and read about native and hybrid app development. It will help you to choose the right type of app for your business.
But before all retailers will start accepting Apple Pay, let’s take a look at the ones that are already doing it.
This service is a favorite of all travelers. It allows to book apartments all over the world, communicate with your hosts, leave honest feedback and rate the place you’ve stayed in. It was one of the first websites which enabled Apple Pay and keeps successfully using it right now.
A huge consumer electronics retailer which offers its customers literally everything starting with various house appliances like fridges or washing machines and ending with digital cameras, mobile phones and even software. Dealing with daily influx of customers is not an easy thing and yet Best Buy managed to make shopping experience better by implementing Apple Pay into its website.
Probably everyone has heard about Etsy and perhaps even bought something on their website. Having a huge variety of vintage and hand-made goods, this retailer understands the importance of customer satisfaction which depends not only on goods but also on services. So should you decide to buy something chic and unique, Etsy website with Apple Pay will make this experience enjoyable.
As of now 15 countries can appreciate this marketplace selling services, activities and goods. No wonder Groupon became an Apple Pay-friendly store. Numerous merchants united on this web platform to offer a full range of services. It is possible to buy everything you can imagine on Groupon – fitness classes, cosmetics, food, various memberships, accessories, flowers and many more.
Due to this crowdfunding platform, many startups raised enough money to become a success. Kickstarter has a large community of people ready to back up any cool innovative project by investing in it whatever sum they can afford. To make investing experience even more pleasant Kickstarter introduced Apple Pay and that turned out pretty well for both startups and their financial supporters.
Food delivery is extremely popular and brings tons of money to companies. What can be better than ordering a set of delicious meals from a restaurant you like? Grubhub is a huge marketplace that has a website and mobile application and connects foodies with local takeout places. To ensure total customers satisfaction they offer various methods of payment including Apple Pay.
The creators of this service understand the importance of fast delivery. By using Instacart one can order same-day groceriy pick-up and delivery from a store nearby. A couple of clicks and you have your food ordered, one tap on a screen – you’ve made a purchase using Apple Pay. One more great thing about this service is that anyone can easily become a shopper for someone else and earn money instead of spending them.
Everybody has used Uber (which by the way started supporting Apple Pay in 2014) many times but not everybody knows that there are similar services with even more wide spectrum of transportation and ride sharing services. F.e. Lyft – a holistic system (web platform + mobile application) allowing you to become a driver or get a ride at once. Moreover, Lyft has scooters and bicycles for rent and even organizes food delivery. With such a big variety of services it is mandatory to implement different payment options for the customers convenience.
All sports fans have already forgotten how exhausting buying a ticket can be. If previously they used to wait in the long queues, now with a couple of taps on the screen they can purchase a ticket for baseball, basketball, hockey, football and other games. Such ticket distributing services can’t manage without Apple Pay which makes all financial transactions easier.
This platform is a real finding for all travelers because it offers renting of cars, booking of cruises, flights and hotels at cheaper prices. There are even additional discounts for those who purchased a bundle (f.e. hotel apartment + flight ticket + car rent). All customers can not only pay conveniently via Apple Pay, but also save money.
What changes await for Apple Pay after iOS 14 release?
This year Apple surprised us with some innovations at its WWDC. And while all users are alredy waiting for new iOS 14 to play with the brand new options, the app owners and developers start being concerned. What is going to happen with the already existing solutions? Should you seriously think about updating your apps?
Based on our experience, we can say that it is better to face iOS updated prepared, because no matter what app you own, the new App Clips option will require its code review.
And now as to the influence of App Clips on apps with Apple Pay option. First of all it is necessary to mention that thanks to App Clips users will be able to use a certain features of the solution without downloading it from the App Store. So all companies which have apps related to renting, booking and services providing and have Apple Pay option will need to update their apps. It will be necessary to develop App Clip of the app (which is basically a lightweight version of it) and make sure that Apple Pay functions correctly.
Also many resources discuss the new possibility that Apple Pay will get in iOS 14. This will be an option allowing to scan QR codes or traditional barcodes using an iPhone camera and make instant payments. Which is great if we speak about customer experience. Here is a sneak peek of the upcoming feature we’ve managed to find on the Internet.
It is high time to think about your application update since many new solution will offer this new option, and if you want your app to stay highly competitive you need to alter it. App Clips and payments via QR codes are predicted to be extremely popular especially among people from 18 to 40 years old (which is quite huge potential customer base that you can get if your solution will be up-to-date).
Also if your solution is related to providing services or selling some goods via website or mobile application, it will be reasonable to think about your own custom CMS. In case you haven’t heard about this solution.
Can Apple Pay be used on wearables?
Yes, it can be set up on Apple Watches. To do this you need to open Apple Watch app on iPhone, find Wallet option and tap Add Card. After that follow the instructions and everything is set up.
Where is Apple Pay available?
As of now it can be used in 40 countries all over the world including US, UK, China, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ukraine, Russia and many more. You can check the full list of countries on the Internet.
Is it secure to use Apple Pay?
Absolutely, since Apple does not save your card numbers or transactions data on its servers. Everything is performed through Wallet app and is kept there. Also Apple Pay makes a special token that replaces your payment details, and device account number is encrypted and securely stored.
To sum it up
As you can see from the variety of stores accepting Apple Pay, this payment method works for any industry. The technologies nowadays aim to make our mobile and web experience more simple and secure. So before purchasing anything customers tend to ask themselves a question: “Why share my debit card numbers and store them on my device if I can avoid all risks and pay safely with one tap of a finger?” This means that way more customers choosing among similar stores would prefer the one with the convenient payment options.
Whether you are using a website to sell goods or services, the choice of the right payment system may directly affect your conversion rates. Needless to say, that competition in the e-commerce sector is high and it is always a good idea to process customer’s payments through your own web page instead of relying on 3rd-party applications and external services.
Generally, the payment system is used to deliver transaction information: receiver, amount, method of payment, etc. There are plenty of online payment gateways nowadays.
The most popular payment systems that facilitate E-commerce & SaaS are:
PayPal Gateway stands out as the most notable and widespread online payment system to your Website.
Thanks to its excellent security reputation PayPal has a massive consumer base. As for merchants the system offers easy setup process and requires a little technical knowledge to get started. This article covers key topics of PayPal payment integration and main APIs that are used for development.
Want to know what other APIs can help you scale your business? Find the list of top APIs for business in this article.
Pros and Cons of Integrate PayPal Payment System
- High transaction speed.
- Secure – safe for users and protected by PayPal Purchase Protection.
- Widespread – 200 countries, 26 currencies, 200 million users.
- A wide variety of APIs and interaction methods to choose from.
- Vast knowledge base – thanks to PayPal popularity there are tons of manuals, community threads, educational material, etc.
- Trusted – loyal audience and excellent reputation. The system is well known for its safety and has already become a standard solution among e-commerce platforms.
- There is an option to pay not only with a credit card but also using PayPal account.
- No currency conversion option.
- A wide range of APIs and methods makes it difficult to choose a suitable one.
- PayPal Sandbox is a separate platform. That imposes some limitations and slightly lowers the interaction speed. Also, this may cause some discrepancies and issues at the stage of moving to production version.
- There is a problem with IPN notifications reception and webhooks (especially in Sandbox version). However, there is always an option to resend notification from admin panel of PayPal.
Payment methods supported by PayPal Solutions
Express Checkout. Fast, no setup fees. Upon processing the payment from PayPal side, user is redirected back to our web application. This method is available only for users who already have a PayPal account.
Direct Payment. This API is used to accept credit card payments from customers who don’t have PayPal account. The method is a way to integrate a transaction process into your website. Moreover, Direct Payment improves customer experience as it is easy to use and familiar to them.
Recurring payment. The subscription as it is. There are several APIs that can implement this method.
Mass Payment. It is used to split payment between multiple accounts.
First, you need to sign up and provide PayPal with information about your product/service/company, in order to verify your “lawful alignment”. You can do this here.
You’ll receive an access key upon completion. Keep that key safe! It’s your id so that the service could recognize your app and its unique settings.
- Go to PayPal Payment Buttons.
- Select a button type to create. The “Buy Now” button is a great choice if you sell only one or a few items on your site. If you sell multiple items on your site, choose the “Shopping Cart” button to let your customers add an item to their shopping cart.
- Enter the item name and price. You can also customize the button with additional features. Click Create Button.
- Click Select Code to select the button code.
- Copy and paste the button code in to your own web page code.
- This new button will appear on the “My Saved Buttons” page if you’d like to edit it at any point.
You can always edit your button. Click here to see how.
- If you’d like to allow your customer to provide feedback, create a ‘Text Entry’ field and name it. This field will appear above your button.
- The ‘Email URL’ option is only available if you are not using any drop down menus, text boxes or user selections. If these selections have been made you will be required to use the HTML code to create your button. We cannot send a URL with these options.
How to Integrate PayPal payment Gateway to your Website
Get an API
On My Apps & Credentials) click “Create App”. Select REST API. This is the most popular API for development, so we’ll use it as an example.
All necessary settings and authentication for API access are in SANDBOX API CREDENTIALS tab.
Configure settings from SANDBOX WEBHOOKS and SANDBOX APP SETTINGS, in case you continue working in a sandbox environment. Next, create a test user (SANDBOX – Accounts tab) in order to proceed with Sandbox.
NOTE: It takes several hours for settings to apply.
Log into sandbox.paypal.com (for SANDBOX) or paypal.com under main (owner) account. Go to profile settings > My selling tools tab and fill in all required fields.
NOTE: Don’t forget to set IPN notifications up and assign URL in Instant payment notifications.
Principles of communication between PayPal and user app
- The application makes a request. It is app’s responsibility to create a transaction and send it to PayPal via specific payment method or API.
- PayPal works with banks. If your transaction is processed and validated properly (otherwise you’ll get an error), PayPal will send a request to the bank.
- PayPal sends notifications (IPN). Whether bank accepts or denies the transaction, PayPal sends a notification to your app.
- Instant Payment Notification (IPN) tab.
- It’s your responsibility to create proper methods for the app to process IPNs.
PayPal supports two data transfer formats to send requests and respond. Both are made using HTTP protocol:
- NVP (Name-Value Pair).
- SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol).
It is preferable to use NVP because of its flexibility. This article covers APIs and SDKs that goes with NVP format.
NOTE: It is not recommended to use SDK for PayPal development. Some methods may change over time, this could lead to potential failures.
Website Payments Standard API. This is the simplest way to make a payment. It allows paying by card or via PayPal account. The payment is processed from PayPal side after that customer is redirected back to your site’s confirmation page. In the best case scenario, you just need to send payment data using POST request.
NOTE: Although it is the easiest way to process PayPal payments, you can check the transaction status only by IPN.
Express checkout. This is the SDK used to process Express checkout payment method. It is used to pay via PayPal account.
NOTE: Express checkout available for Premier and Business members only.
- SDK makes an API call to get a token from PayPal and sends transaction details.
- If the token is granted, a customer will be directed to PayPal to select payment method and shipping address.
- The customer makes or denies the payment.
- PayPal returns customer to your site.
- API makes a call to retrieve transaction details.
- Customer completes an order.
- API makes a call to request payment status.
- PayPal makes the transaction and sends IPN, or you can check status manually through transaction history in your account.
ADVICE: Don’t rely on PayPal’s IPN. There is always a chance that your server won’t be available during notification session. Use your own cron to check payment status.
Transaction status can be obtained in PayPal API by requesting “search for transactions for the period”. Exact methods of making such call you can find here.
Adaptive Payments. With the help of Adaptive Payments API you can select the most suitable payment scenario. For example: to split payment between multiple peers. Learn more here.
Payflow. Payflow API SDK is used for direct payments. Direct payment refers to a payment made by credit card.
Variants of use:
- Payflow Pro – is used with iframe. Form used to enter card data is generated from PayPal’s side. Your site is not involved during the input process. Therefore, Payflow Pro grants better security but makes it difficult to customize the application form.
- Payflow Link – Similar to Payflow Pro.
- Payflow – Opposite to Payflow Pro. The application form is displayed on merchant’s website. This method may concern your customers, as they need to input credit card information on your site, which may seem less secure than PayPal web page. The credit card data is transferred via HTTPS.
NOTE: Use HTTPS to secure data transfer.
IMPORTANT: Your website needs to be PCI-DSS certified (PCI PA-DSS certification for script libraries) in order to process users’ credit card information. Otherwise, it is recommended not to involve in customers data processing.
Payflow is almost similar to Express Checkout. The differences are in SDK and communication flow. Again, it is not recommended to rely on PayPal’s IPN.
Unlike Express Checkout, Payflow uses three Inquiry Actions:
- to View the Status of Payments.
- to View Recurring Transaction Details.
- to View Optional Transaction Details.
Learn more here.
Mass Pay can be applied to consolidate multiple payments in a single transaction. This API is used for mass payments. It’s available only for users with PayPal account as it requires PayPal email address.
- PayPal API forms a transaction list and sends it to PayPal.
- The payment is pending until IPN notifications about all sub-transactions are received.
- If for any reason, your server couldn’t receive IPN, you should manually enter PayPal account and resend it.
Difficulties in PayPal payment gateway integration
PayPal offers two IDEs:
The second one is used to test system operation without losing money on real transactions. Those two IDEs are different, this can cause errors during transition to production version.
Pieces of Advice for PayPal website integration
- Make sure IPN is turned on.
- Stick to one type of methods.
- Pay attention while setting up paypal.com or sandbox.paypal.com accounts.
- Do not count on quick transaction processing, but make sure that you have permitted to accept payments inside your app settings. (You can find this option in Sandbox app settings/App feature options/Accept payments/on).
- Do not rely heavily on PayPal documentation. Whilst it is mainly accurate, there might be outdated methods.
- Recurring made via Express Checkout can’t be canceled while in “pending” status. It is better to inform users about this issue in advance.
- There might be an issue when PayPal makes an error output to the customer. It’s better to hide those notifications, because they may contain private information.
Although PayPal is a powerful and multifunctional payment system, it is a vast and complex platform. This may cause difficulties during the development process and may require additional time for testing and waiting for transactions to pass. Finally, it is important to read the documentation before starting the development. Good luck with the development and you are welcome to contact us if you need any help.
More and more, online businesses have embraced the use of subscription delivery services to sell their products online. Subscription commerce is the new trendy business model due to consistent cash flow, high customer retention, and larger customer lifetime value.
But it’s difficult to launch a subscription commerce business without a little help from your friends (in this case, online subscription billing software). Here are the top five online billing software programs to help get any subscription company, from start-up to enterprise, up and running today:
- Recurly: Subscription Billing and Recurring Billing Platform
- Nexway – eCommerce Solution
- Stripe Billing: manage subscriptions
- Cloud Billing Software for Subscription Commerce | Cerillion
- Rebilly: Empower Your Subscription Billing
What is Subscription Billing?
Subscription billing is the process of billing customers for their subscriptions, on a recurring basis. At its core subscription billing comes down to identifying:
- Who needs to be billed
- What subscriptions/products they need to be billed for
- How much they should be billed
- When they need to be billed
- How to collect payments
- How subscription data needs to be reported for analytics and accounting
Cryptocurrency has various advantages over conventional digital payment systems. Crypto dealings usually have low processing fees, and crypto enables the ability to avoid chargebacks. It has a decentralized nature. Often people choose crypto because of privacy.
- Cryptocurrency started its journey in 2009 when Bitcoin released its open-source software system.
- Since then, Cryptocurrency has grown by leap and bounds, and its market capital reached $17.7 billion in January 2017.
- 2017 was the year when Bitcoin became the talk of the town around the world. During this time, many investors invested in it, and everyone around the world wanted to know more about the crypto-craze.
- The market capitalization increased from $17.7 billion to a whopping $565.
- 1 billion between 1-st January and 31-st December 2017. Following the success of Bitcoin, several other cryptocurrencies appeared.
- Even Facebook created its cryptocurrency named Libra.
Dating platforms accepting Cryptocurrency
As every industry is opening its arms for Cryptocurrency to lure in more customers, the best dating sites in US accept digital payments in Crypto. For example, Hookupgeek take digital payments for their services. While most dating websites are free to use, but you have to pay to use the premium features which help you find more potential matches. While one can pay for these services using a traditional system, and people usually do, but the reasons why paying with crypto should be preferred are:
- Paying with Cryptocurrency gives you more privacy
- You can quickly pay from anywhere in the world
- Cheaper costs with Cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrency gives you exceptional privacy; any transaction done with Crypto has no personal information associated with it. It cannot be tracked back to you, unlike traditional transactions. Banks take up too much personal information. Everything about you is trackable just if someone with enough authority looks at your transaction done via a credit card transfer. Still, many people turn a blind eye to all the benefits and pay with credit cards on digital dating sites. However, while accessing adult hookup sites, people are critical about their privacy and want to make secure transactions. Cryptocurrency comes in handy at such situations. Other than taking care of confidentiality, Cryptocurrency has several other benefits. Traditional transfers can become complicated once you are paying for service abroad as you would need a global payment system like Mastercard or PayPal.
Moreover, such transactions come up with hefty transfer charges. Cryptocurrency transfers are possible from anywhere in the world, and no middle man is involved in the transfer. Another astonishing advantage of Crypto transfers is the fact that they are not taxed. As no one can know the personal information of the sender and no banks or government officers are neither involved in the transaction nor can they get the details about it. Some popular dating platforms, which support Bitcoin, are Luxy, OkCupid, Badoo, and BitCoinFriendsDate. They are top dating sites.
Getting started with Crypto
Often people are afraid of learning about Cryptocurrency and shy away from all the benefits. Getting started on crypto is not that hard, and many advisors on the net can help you kick-start with ease. If you are into some dating stuff on the web, such companies aimed at providing the right tools to anyone who wants to invest time in online dating can come in handy.
For those who want to get to grips with Crypto, there an easy 4-step guide has been developed, using which anyone can step foot in the Crypto world right away. It helps its customers avoid scams and use natural methods for dealing in crypto.
There is a simple 4 step guide is given below, following which you can jump-start on your crypto ventures:
- Choosing the right exchange
- Choosing the right wallet
- Selecting the right Cryptocurrency for yourself (like Bitcoin)
- Recommendations on spending Crypto
While using dating sites, it is recommended to use Bitcoin or other Cryptocurrencies as first and foremost, and you need to protect your privacy.
Today more and more dating platforms are starting to support Crypto. When using adult hookups sites, privacy is the most critical concern, and Crypto comes in handy as people mostly want to use these services privately. Other than privacy Cryptocurrency is also going to help you save money. It provides advantages of convenience, speed, and international coverage. Stepping foot in the Crypto world may seem complicated and hard initially but benefiting from the services of trusted and leading advisors like hookupgeek will make the entire process easier for you. The dating industry nowadays breaks down the whole process for you, and you have to follow the small and easy steps. Before you know it, you can make transactions all over the world using Crypto for dating sites and other purposes. It is believed that cryptocurrency will be leading the world soon, so you need to master it as soon as possible.