It has been a year since the first news of a global pandemic started hitting us on a day-to-day basis. Our entire lifestyle has undergone a major shift and everyone across the globe has been forced to either stay indoors or stay away from other people for prolonged durations. With the lockdown and work from home norms underway in many regions, technology, especially the internet has proven to be a solace for billions of people across the world.
Video on demand (VOD) or the over-the-top (OTT) content providers have seen a massive surge in viewership. With high-speed internet penetration reaching to more and more small city and towns, iPhone users got a chance to take advantage of their beautiful screens and watch immersive content from every corner of their house.
Online video streaming has gained so much popularity because of the pandemic, that some streaming apps had to put a cap on the quality of the stream in Europe, India, the US, basically in most of the high usage regions across the world. This is where the iPhone users have an advantage since the software and hardware of the device works extra hard to provide the best user experience all the time. Some of the best online video streaming apps for your iPhone have been listed below so you never run out of content to watch in times of boredom.
- Popcornflix – this one is a 100% legal and subscription-free app that users can take advantage of when you do not want to pay to watch some content. iPhone users can watch feature-length movies and TV Shows with starring many of the biggest names in box office. It enables you to search your favorite content based on the genre and stream as much as you want without paying a dime!
- Pluto TV – this one again is a content provider that charges no fee for you to watch any content in its library. You can watch thousands of movies and more than 250 channels on your iPhone from anywhere in the world whenever you want without worrying about shelling out some cash. Whether it is news, sports, TV Shows and much more, Pluto TV offers something for every user.
- IMdB TV – IMdB is the world’s most trusted source of information about all things cinema. With IMdB TV you can get access to selected movies, favourite TV Shows, behind the scenes exclusives, trailers and IMdB original content. If you wish to stay up-to-date with the entertainment news, awards, events, etc. this one app should be on top your list.
- Plex – This one too gives you access to thousands of shows and movies that includes documentaries, docuseries, Bollywood musicals and much more! What is exciting about Plex is that with their media server system on your home computer, you can create your own video, photo and music library and stream it to any of the devices you have including your iPhone, anywhere in the world! You are also able to record broadcast TV using Plex.
- Apart from the apps mentioned above, the most famous online video streaming apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, etc. also offer a host of video content that can last a lifetime.
Because of the gaining popularity of streaming services, live streaming platform is also gaining a lot of popularity. Living in the pandemic and navigating different restrictions, live streaming your content has also gained a lot of traction in the last year. Whether it is an online party, taking online classes and even wedding ceremony, Live streaming has taken the world by a storm. With iPhone getting ubiquitous, there are a host of apps that provide you a live streaming platform so you can connect with your friends, family or fans anywhere in the world. Some better apps that you can use are mentioned ahead for you to chose from.
- Facebook Live – The largest and the most used live content streaming app Facebook allows you to live stream to all your friends and family wherever you are. It’s fast, it’s easy and it is interactive enough to keep you and your viewers engaged.
- Instagram– This one too allows you to reach out to your viewers from your home, from the beach, from your own wedding, from under the stars or just about anywhere you have an internet connection, including underwater since most of the iPhones are waterproof now!
- Livestream – This one as the name suggests enables professionals and amateur users alike to broadcast their event to the world. It is the market leader in this space as it provides you the ability to choose from all the live streaming happening or planned in the future for you to access.
- Periscope – this is an app that provides one of the most user-friendly live streaming platforms in your palm. Apart from the usual shenanigans, this app enables you to scan your vicinity to find live streamers nearby.
Twitch, Streamago, Alively and Broadcast me are other apps that you can explore is you want a live streaming platform to reach out to the world through your content.