Nowadays almost everything is digitally connected, whether it’s a business, a classroom, or a road trip.
People are relentlessly using different technologies to indulge the usage in their daily lives.
Gone those old days when people used to send handwritten letters, or hardly use printed text and a major reason is people use digital text that can be easily edited, shared, or for other meaningful purposes.
Let’s get deeper into it.
The connection between AI and Image to text
Thanks to the OCR technologies that use Artificial intelligence programs that can easily fetch a picture and extract text from it.
Some people might be unfamiliar with the concept of what is OCR?
Optical character recognition is a technology that uses a text detecting device like a digital camera to take pictures and then it uses a software that can extract the data from any visual and convert it for further use.
The accuracy level of Image to text
Nowadays in almost every sector, OCR has gained a lot of respect due to its AI advancement.
It has become not only an image-to-text traditional conversion process but also a human mistakes checker.
Like it’s widely used in the education sector to examine MCQs papers as it saves time, gives accurate results and stores the data very efficiently.
OCR engine’s job is to extract the data from an image that it performs perfectly, but due to its nature, it follows a pattern or in simple words, it follows a structured form of data, or else it cannot give accurate results.
Thanks to the developers who have tested and worked hard to get the best out of OCR technologies, these experts have incorporated two major distinct altogether in OCR engine such as given below:
- Machine learning – With the passage of time the OCR technologies have incorporated machine learning.
Machine learning is technology replicating human ability to different patterns of texts like fonts, gaps in between characters, colors, alignment, writing styles, language on any visual.
Sometimes when the visual quality is not good the OCR technology can miss out on the character, especially when the spacing in between characters is very congested.
In the testing segments, it can be trained to go through similar patterns so that it can detect those errors and correct it, thus improve the accuracy level.
- Intelligent data processing – Incorporating AI technologies like intelligent data processing users can minimize the extraction errors from unstructured text, it helps in identifying relevant sections required for extracting and classifies them before extracting.
Further, it trains the Machine learning modules to extract the only data required on a visual, which thankfully eliminates the need for manually entering data into an application and improve the accuracy level.
Traditional OCR engines alone were not quite as accurate as the latest ones are developed and this is all well designed because of involving AI technologies (Machine learning, intelligent data processing).
This replicates a human brain at a very low level of errors, thus giving the user accurate results.
Benefits of using Image to text converter tools
First of all image to text is basically an OCR that consists of using the latest AI technologies, to give accurate results in the form of digitized text that can be incorporated for multiple purposes. Like Prepostseo, Aconvert, Hipdf.
- It helps in converting any form of visual picture text into an editable text format;
- It helps in extracting required data in an organized format;
- It helps in pdf text recognition to further use it while writing in white papers;
- It helps to extract text from any image available on the internet by simply copy-pasting the URL;
- It helps to get accurate results by eliminating manual errors;
- It helps in scanning barcodes and interpreting it in computer language especially in bulk quantity;
- It saves time and money when students are looking to photocopy assignments and then create in word file;
- It helps in recognizing old historical handwritten documents in a digital format like a word file;
- It helps in highlighting the desirable text and converting it into a new editable format which can be used in a new picture;
- It’s more compact when storing all the data in a device storage disk, as compared to traditional manual documentation record rooms;
- It helps to translate different language’s visual text into their own preferred language, like translating Chinese signboards into English.
Uses of Image to text
As the digital world is continuously evolving, Image to text is getting used in almost every field.
Applications of Usage:
- It can be used in Legal documents, like tax or property documents for extracting the manual written document and convert it into digital format for a longer life span;
- It helps vehicle passing authorities for license plate recognition;
- It helps in public images to detect large texts especially for marketing purposes;
- It’s widely used in enterprises to share documents and edit it in own format, like pdf image to text converting purposes;
- It is used in airports for extracting desired text from passports, e-tickets and etc;
- It can be used in classrooms for saving time and easily understand the handwriting while noting down notes from other classmates;
- It is widely used in shopping stores to scan the barcode of the products and automatically generate invoices while cross-examining the price list of the product;
- It’s widely used in the medical sector as extracting the medicines from prescriptions can be a little challenging, so it can make it easier for the user to understand.