Thinking about creating your project with Java? Find out what are Java developer job duties, roles, and responsibilities according to the job description first. This article is going to help.
Considering the Options to Hire This Specialist in 2021
Java development is a good choice when it comes to web project creation. This programming language is quite user-friendly while there are a lot of professionals on the market who may create a stable and secure web app for your business. However, let’s find out what are Java developer job duties and how to hire these specialists in the most beneficial way.
Who Is a Java Developer?
A Java developer is a specialist whose main specialization is Java web programming. To date, Java is one of the most popular programming languages and there are 7,1 million Java developers in the world. Thus, there is a perfect match between their supply and demand. What’s more, most of these specialists are working according to the web development outsourcing model we will discuss a little later.
What Are Java Developer Roles and Responsibilities?
As a rule, Java programming is the top duty among Java developer roles and responsibilities. However, depending on the specifics of the project, this specialist may be involved in dealing with further tasks.
- Business needs analysis. At this stage of project development, a Java developer works closely with the Business Analyst since the first needs to gain business-specific insights of what needs to be created and how the customer imagines the problem-solving approach.
- Code writing, testing, and deployment. Everything is quite clear with code writing. When it comes to its testing, an Entry-level Java developer works with the QA (Quality Assurance) and testing team, gets their feedback on the bugs that need to be fixed, and proceeds to code deployment when all the mistakes are corrected. Also, a lot of companies follow DevOps practices to shorten the distance between the development and operational teams and streamline the project launch.
- Project management. As it was with the case of business analysis, a Java developer may take some part in the project management process to keep up to date with the changing requirements of the customer, deadlines, and feedback.
- System maintenance and optimization. Also, the Java developer may be involved in the app’s maintenance and optimization after the solution is launched and there is the first feedback from real users.
Why Does Your Business Need Java Developers?
There are a lot of Java developers advantages you may consider for your project development. As you have already understood, there are a lot of Java developer roles and responsibilities he/she may perform at each stage of your app creation. Secondly, you may hire this specialist very profitably, for example, by contacting SPD-Group development company which has a tech-savvy Java developers team under their roof.
Also, there are a lot of Java developers in the world you may choose from. The choice is this specialist is more than wide so you shouldn’t be limited by your location only. All the other benefits are centered around Java technology as such.
- Java is the second popular programming language in the world and this is quite a strong reason to consider the tool for your project development.
- Java allows for customer-centric application creation that will be easy to maintain and improve.
- Java makes the development of stable and secure applications possible as well.
Outsourcing vs in-House: What Is the Best for Software Development?
So, if there is the need to hire Java developers for your project creation, you have two options to choose from – you may either outsource your web development tasks to the third-party vendor or gather the development team under your roof. Both of the approaches have their pros and cons, so, let’s find them out.
In this case, you should find a development company that already has a team of Java programmers or a full-fledged development team (a project manager, testers, designers, business analysts, researchers, and marketers) and entrust your whole development process to the third-party’s team.
- You may choose from the widest talent pool possible. When outsourcing your web development, you are not limited to your physical location anymore.
- Outsourcing is up to 60% more effective in terms of costs if to compare it with gathering an in-house team.
- Outsourcing your web development task, you don’t need to worry about organization issues since they are solved on the side of the vendor.
- Outsourcing means less control compared to having your development team in-house. However, this issue can easily be solved by an experienced development vendor who is able to establish effective communication.
- There can be mentality gaps, different time zones and language barriers. However, this problem can also easily be solved by choosing the right outsourcing destination with similar mentality features and convenient business hours overlappings.
In this case, you are responsible for gathering your development team in your office, supplying them with all the necessary equipment, paying wages and taxes, and so on. This project development approach seems to be more transparent, however, it portends a lot of work to be done.
- You get absolute control over your team. Thus, you may be sure that your team is involved in your project development only, and you may check their progress and results every time you want to.
- Developing your project in-house can be quite costly since you need to pay for rent, licenses, and equipment.
- Hiring and gathering your development team can be time-consuming. What’s more, without recruitment skills, finding the right person may be challenging, and there is a great risk of making a mistake with a team member who will need to be replaced very soon.
Thus, outsourcing your project development seems to be a better strategy since it saves your time, money, and effort. What’s more, this practice is widely adopted and there are a lot of reliable development vendors to choose from.
According to An Exploratory Study on Strategic Software Development Outsourcing(PDF), “Business organizations are realizing that Software Development Outsourcing (SDO) is now an imperative and strategic step for their system operation success and that SDO really means best practice.”
Thus, the only thing remaining is to get in touch with an experienced and tech-savvy development company to make your project creation really effective and get all the benefits of the outsourcing model.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Java Developers?
There are two essential factors that influence the cost of hiring Java developers:
- Their location. The difference in cost can be tenfold – for example, if you compare Java developers from the top American companies and Indian programmers who will work with you remotely.
- The amount of work you want to assign to them and describe in your Java developer job description. The more time it takes Java developers to create the functionality necessary for the full operation of your application, the higher the price will be in the end.
What Are the Best Regions Where You Can Hire Java Developers?
There are four main regions you may consider for getting in touch with highly-skilled Java developers.
- Ukraine. Ukraine is the main outsourcing destination in Eastern Europe since there is no better price-quality ratio in this region. Also, Ukrainian programmers have a high technical education which allows them to stay competitive year after year. As for the prices, the cost per hour of development is $20-50.
- Poland. Poland is a slightly more expensive destination in comparison with Ukraine, but the difference is compensated by a more European mentality. As for the level of training of specialists, Ukraine wins anyway.
- Argentina. As for this destination, it is especially attractive for American startups because here you may hire quite an affordable workforce, plus there is a convenient business hour overlapping. Also, there is no language barrier but can be some striking differences in mentality.
- India. As for India, this is the best destination in terms of cost. Also, there are a lot of developers to choose from. So, this country is good to outsource to if you want to start your project development almost instantly and save a lot. However, you still need to be careful with Indian development vendors’ choices; (Boeing may share some experience).
Read more about Offshore Software Development here.
So, using Java for your project development is quite a wise solution. Surely, you should analyze the specifics of your future solution before deciding on the technology choice. However, if you decide to proceed with Java, there will be no issues with Java developers hiring. What’s more, the cost to involve these specialists in your project is also quite responsible and affordable, especially if you choose the right outsourcing destination.
At present, Java is more popular than other programming languages. The software developers use Java for developing secure enterprise applications, desktop applications, web applications, and mobile apps.
At present, Java is more popular than other programming languages. The software developers use Java for developing secure enterprise applications, desktop applications, web applications, and mobile apps. In addition to being a mature programming language, Java has been evolving consistently to enable developers to write better applications for small and large devices. But the developers still need robust tools to accelerate development and testing of Java applications.
The tools provided by integrated development environments (IDEs) make it easier for developers to build and test varied Java applications.
Read quora options https://www.quora.com/Is-Java-easy-to-learn
Drag the slider and make your voice heard.
Drag the slider and make your voice heard.
Exceeded the limit of votes from one IP.
TOP Java IDEs 2021: Overview of 7 Most Popular Java IDEs
1) IntelliJ IDEA
The commercial IDE provides tools for bug-free technologies including Java. IntelliJ IDEA helps developers to gain deeper insight into the code by providing features like smart completion, chain completion, static member completion, data flow analysis, cross-language refactoring, and language injection. At the same time, it enables programmers to perform common coding-related tasks in an environment without leaving the code. The developers can further accelerate Java application development using the version control tools, build tools, decompiler, test runner, database tools, and terminal provided by IntelliJ IDEA. The IDE further supports several JVM programming languages and allows developers to work with popular Java frameworks.
The open source IDE makes it easier for Java programmers to build desktop, web, and mobile applications efficiently by providing a set of robust tools and features. NetBeans is the official IDE for Java 8. Each new version of NetBeans further comes with an improved and reworked Java editor. The Java editor makes it easier for programmers to build custom software applications by highlighting Java code both syntactically and semantically. The tools provided by NetBeans even help developers to refactor the code and write bug-free code. Also, the developers can avail the GUI Builder provided by NetBeans to design GUIs for Java SE without putting extra time and effort. Here is a comparison between NetBeans vs IntelliJ.
The developers have the option to choose from both desktop and cloud editions of the popular Java IDE. Hence, the developers can opt for the cloud edition of Eclipse – Che – to keep developing Java applications through a web browser. They even have the option to extend both bug-free of Eclipse by installing specific plug-ins. The developers can choose from a wide range of plug-ins from Eclipse Marketplace Client. At the same time, they can use the Development Environment (PDE) provided by Eclipse to create custom plug-ins according to their precise needs. At the same time, Eclipse helps developers to accelerate Java application development by providing robust tools for , charting, testing, and reporting. The IDE further facilitates incremental compilation of Java code by providing a custom compiler. Interested readers can read on the comparison between NetBeans and Eclipse.
The Java coders have the option to choose from three distinct editions of Codenvy – developer, team, and enterprise. Codenvy is designed as a cloud-based and on-demand developer workspace. The custom runtime environment provided by the IDE it easier for programmers to debug and test Java code. The developers can even use the browser-based editor provided by Codenvy to write code by availing features like code completion, refactoring and syntax highlighting. The editor even makes it easier for programmers to build, edit, debug, and run various projects. At the same time, the developers can also use Codenvy to adopt agile methodology and collaborate with stakeholders in the project.
Despite being developed as a simple IDE for beginners, BlueJ is currently used widely by Java programmers across the world. The cross-platform IDE for Java enables programmers to interact seamlessly with objects. The developers can inspect object values, call methods on objects, and pass objects as parameters. At the same time, BlueJ accelerates Java application development by providing an array of robust features. It comes with an editor that allows developers to scan the code visually, create dynamic objects, and inspect objects. Also, the programmers can invoke Java code simply by typing it in without compilation.
The simple and lightweight Java development environment is primary written for students. But many Java programmers prefer DrJava to other Java IDEs due to its intuitive user interface. DrJava further enables programmers to evaluate Java code in an interactive way. Also, it provides a number of advanced features to meet the needs of skilled Java programmers. Like other IDEs, DrJava also helps programmers to write high quality code by providing features like go to line, go to file, and find/replace. It even enables programmers to avail advanced features like syntax colouring, brace matching, automatic indentation, autocompletion, and commenting/uncommenting. The developers even have option to integrate DrJava with Eclipse through a robust plug-in provided by the developers.
The lightweight Java IDE is implemented in Java. The developers can run jGrasp on any platform with Java Virtual Machine (JVM) 1.5 or higher. Despite being implemented in Java, jGrasp produces control structure diagrams (CSDs) for a number of programming languages – C, C++, Python, Objective-C, and Ada. At the same time, jGrasp comes with features to make software applications comprehensive by generating software visualization automatically. In addition to providing an integrated debugger and workbench for Java, the IDE further helps developers to generate control structure diagrams, complexity profile graphs, and UML class diagrams.
On the whole, the Java developers have the option to choose from a wide range of IDEs for Java programming language. Some of these IDEs are available as commercial and licensed software, whereas others are open source and free. Likewise, some of these IDEs are robust and feature-rich, whereas others a simple and lightweight. Also, each Java IDE has its own pros and cons. Hence, it becomes essential for developers to keep in mind precise project needs while comparing the best Java IDEs of 2021.