Thinking about creating your project with Java? Find out what are Java developer job duties, roles, and responsibilities according to the job description first. This article is going to help.
Java development is a good choice when it comes to web project creation. This programming language is quite user-friendly while there are a lot of professionals on the market who may create a stable and secure web app for your business. However, let’s find out what are Java developer job duties and how to hire these specialists in the most beneficial way.
Who Is a Java Developer?
A Java developer is a specialist whose main specialization is Java web programming. To date, Java is one of the most popular programming languages and there are 7,1 million Java developers in the world. Thus, there is a perfect match between their supply and demand. What’s more, most of these specialists are working according to the web development outsourcing model we will discuss a little later.
What Are Java Developer Roles and Responsibilities?
As a rule, Java programming is the top duty among Java developer roles and responsibilities. However, depending on the specifics of the project, this specialist may be involved in dealing with further tasks.
- Business needs analysis. At this stage of project development, a Java developer works closely with the Business Analyst since the first needs to gain business-specific insights of what needs to be created and how the customer imagines the problem-solving approach.
- Code writing, testing, and deployment. Everything is quite clear with code writing. When it comes to its testing, an Entry-level Java developer works with the QA (Quality Assurance) and testing team, gets their feedback on the bugs that need to be fixed, and proceeds to code deployment when all the mistakes are corrected. Also, a lot of companies follow DevOps practices to shorten the distance between the development and operational teams and streamline the project launch.
- Project management. As it was with the case of business analysis, a Java developer may take some part in the project management process to keep up to date with the changing requirements of the customer, deadlines, and feedback.
- System maintenance and optimization. Also, the Java developer may be involved in the app’s maintenance and optimization after the solution is launched and there is the first feedback from real users.
Why Does Your Business Need Java Developers?
There are a lot of Java developers advantages you may consider for your project development. As you have already understood, there are a lot of Java developer roles and responsibilities he/she may perform at each stage of your app creation. Secondly, you may hire this specialist very profitably, for example, by contacting SPD-Group development company which has a tech-savvy Java developers team under their roof.
Also, there are a lot of Java developers in the world you may choose from. The choice is this specialist is more than wide so you shouldn’t be limited by your location only. All the other benefits are centered around Java technology as such.
- Java is the second popular programming language in the world and this is quite a strong reason to consider the tool for your project development.
- Java allows for customer-centric application creation that will be easy to maintain and improve.
- Java makes the development of stable and secure applications possible as well.
Outsourcing vs in-House: What Is the Best for Software Development?
So, if there is the need to hire Java developers for your project creation, you have two options to choose from – you may either outsource your web development tasks to the third-party vendor or gather the development team under your roof. Both of the approaches have their pros and cons, so, let’s find them out.
In this case, you should find a development company that already has a team of Java programmers or a full-fledged development team (a project manager, testers, designers, business analysts, researchers, and marketers) and entrust your whole development process to the third-party’s team.
In this case, you are responsible for gathering your development team in your office, supplying them with all the necessary equipment, paying wages and taxes, and so on. This project development approach seems to be more transparent, however, it portends a lot of work to be done.
Thus, outsourcing your project development seems to be a better strategy since it saves your time, money, and effort. What’s more, this practice is widely adopted and there are a lot of reliable development vendors to choose from.
According to An Exploratory Study on Strategic Software Development Outsourcing(PDF), “Business organizations are realizing that Software Development Outsourcing (SDO) is now an imperative and strategic step for their system operation success and that SDO really means best practice.”
Thus, the only thing remaining is to get in touch with an experienced and tech-savvy development company to make your project creation really effective and get all the benefits of the outsourcing model.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire Java Developers?
There are two essential factors that influence the cost of hiring Java developers:
- Their location. The difference in cost can be tenfold – for example, if you compare Java developers from the top American companies and Indian programmers who will work with you remotely.
- The amount of work you want to assign to them and describe in your Java developer job description. The more time it takes Java developers to create the functionality necessary for the full operation of your application, the higher the price will be in the end.
What Are the Best Regions Where You Can Hire Java Developers?
There are four main regions you may consider for getting in touch with highly-skilled Java developers.
- Ukraine. Ukraine is the main outsourcing destination in Eastern Europe since there is no better price-quality ratio in this region. Also, Ukrainian programmers have a high technical education which allows them to stay competitive year after year. As for the prices, the cost per hour of development is $20-50.
- Poland. Poland is a slightly more expensive destination in comparison with Ukraine, but the difference is compensated by a more European mentality. As for the level of training of specialists, Ukraine wins anyway.
- Argentina. As for this destination, it is especially attractive for American startups because here you may hire quite an affordable workforce, plus there is a convenient business hour overlapping. Also, there is no language barrier but can be some striking differences in mentality.
- India. As for India, this is the best destination in terms of cost. Also, there are a lot of developers to choose from. So, this country is good to outsource to if you want to start your project development almost instantly and save a lot. However, you still need to be careful with Indian development vendors’ choices; (Boeing may share some experience).
Read more about Offshore Software Development here.
So, using Java for your project development is quite a wise solution. Surely, you should analyze the specifics of your future solution before deciding on the technology choice. However, if you decide to proceed with Java, there will be no issues with Java developers hiring. What’s more, the cost to involve these specialists in your project is also quite responsible and affordable, especially if you choose the right outsourcing destination.
The increased demand for mobile app development has led to the emergence of numerous companies that offer mobile app development services in India.
Technology today has led to an increased number of people around the globe using mobile phones and specifically smartphones. The increased number of mobile phone users has led to the development of thousands of mobile applications which are created and used for different reasons. It is also evident and undeniable that mobile app development is critical and plays a significant role in the growth of the business. Mobile app development is classified as a minor task in most organizations, that is why most organizations around the globe prefer to outsource mobile development to external mobile app developers, instead of hiring an in-house app development team which is time-consuming and very much expensive.
This article will talk about why organizations should consider or not consider outsourcing mobile app development to India.
Outsourcing mobile app development to India speeds up the mobile application development process and ensures or rather guarantees high-quality mobile applications compatible with current technological trends. Here are some of the reasons why an organization should consider outsourcing to India.
This is the most important reason why organizations outsource to India in the first place. India app developers are paid low wages compared to app developers in the USA and Ukraine. It means that it be very cheap to hire app developers from India to develop your application. By reducing the app development costs, the organization can easily direct their other resources and attention on marketing and other business improvements.
A pool of Talented and Skilled App Developers
India is home to sophisticated software and mobile app developers. In 2017 for instance, India had more software developers compared to the US. Hiring an in-house app development team can be very challenging. Some of the personnel employed by an organization might not be sufficiently skilled in the field of app development. In such a situation the organization will be forced to offer training to its in-house development team which is very expensive and very time-consuming for that matter. Choosing to outsource app development to India, you will give an organization access to already trained, talented and skilled mobile app developers. Indian mobile app developers are aware of and have a better understanding of different mobile platforms, which are Android, iOS and windows.
Reduced risk factors
Outsourcing to India largely helps reduce any risk associated with mobile app development. For, it is a gamble for an organization to develop an app on itself. It is expensive and very time consuming, and the outcome is not guaranteed. The developed app may not be effective and useful as intended. Outsourcing mobile app development will greatly reduce such risk because when outsourcing, an organization will choose a company that has already accomplished mobile app development before. In India, many mobile app development companies are successful and hold credentials to prove their existence in the application development industries.
Up to date modern technologies
Newer technologies are being invented on a daily basis, and the mobile app development industry or rather the development field keeps on evolving and changing day in day out. For a company, it will be challenging to keep up with the changing trends of technology. Also, it will be costly for an organization to purchase a licensed version of the software. When a company outsources mobile app development to India, they get access to frequently updated state of the art technologies and app development tools without even exhausting your pockets.
There are numerous outsourcing options
The increased demand for mobile app development has led to the emergence of numerous companies that offer mobile app development services in India. Companies have numerous options to choose where to outsource their mobile development needs. Factors to consider when choosing are cost and history in app development.
Despite there being a lot of reasons to outsource mobile app development to India, there are several reasons why it is not advisable for an organization to outsource to India. Here are some of the reasons:
Communication barrier is a core reason why many organizations are discouraged and afraid to outsource their mobile app development needs to India. Communication barriers bring about the misunderstanding between the two parties. Therefore, it is no surprise for any organization to receive a mobile application that they did not ask.
The geographical and time zone difference
The geographical difference between India and the US is approximately 7,500 miles. It is tough for an organization to control the mobile app development process. Also, communication is not effective due to the large time zone difference. When one company is working the other is sleeping. The only option is to hire a project manager who will oversee the app development process.
When outsourcing, an organization should be well aware of piracy as it is quite rampant around the globe. Some app developer may copy an existing mobile application and sell it to you.
In conclusion, it is evident that the reasons to outsource to India are more than reasons not to. It is important for an organization to do proper research before deciding to outsource to India.