Night vision devices are very popular equipment in our time, which are intended not only for hunting at night but also in civilian life. They are used at a time when there is not enough lighting at dusk or at night for full visibility. Some use them outdoors, others indoors, such as in basements. Indeed, sometimes it’s not advisable to use flashlights, light bulbs, or spotlights.
In what areas of everyday life are night vision devices used?
Night vision devices are indispensable equipment for:
- wildlife observers
Also, such devices are used in the field of entertainment, for example, in cinemas. And in order to choose the ideal equipment for yourself, you need to know its basic classification.
Classification of night vision devices
Night vision devices are classified mainly by purpose and generation. If we are talking about the first variety, you can buy:
- Night vision monoculars. This device is used for observation with only one eye in twilight or complete darkness. With it, you can increase the object from one to several times.
- Binoculars. Helps to see in the dark or twilight with two eyes. The increase also occurs from one to several times.
- Glasses. Can be used in darkness, twilight, and daylight. They help to see with two eyes, but are not equipped with a zoom function.
- Sights. They are intended not only for observation, but also for firing at a target. Likewise, they are fixed on weapons (mainly on smoothbore). Furthermore, they are used in the twilight, in complete darkness, and in daylight, depending on the generation.
There are devices called «pseudo-binoculars» on our market. They’re equipped with one lens and two eyepieces, that are suitable for viewing with two eyes. The gadgets increase in any objects is from one to several times.
Description of generations of night vision devices
Night vision devices are also classified according to the type of generation. There are GenI, GenI+, GenII, GenII+, GenII++, GenIII. There are also 2- and 3-stage equipment on the market, but now it’s practically not used.
Devices of the third generation can work not only in the dark, but also in very low light. They have an excellent range. For hunting or observation in open areas, they’re usually bought. And, although their price is 2 times higher than in other counterparts. But their functionality pays off.
All about thermal monoculars
Thermal monoculars is a high-quality optics with high functionality and small sizes. The device is suitable for use in hunting, fishing, in civilian life.
A professional optical device will help detect any objects in the infrared spectrum. The working distance of the equipment is up to 900 meters.
If you decide to buy this product, pay attention to several criteria. For example, the distance you need. In most cases, a distance of 10-50 meters is sufficient.
A good device has the following characteristics:
- refresh rate 50 Hz;
- wide zoom 2.5-20x;
- water resistance;
- several modes of observation;
- Stream Vision (the ability to connect via Wi-Fi to any gadget).
The thermal imaging monocular is a very useful and functional device.