Online dating has been a huge part of our lives for quite some time now. In fact, at the moment, as more and more people decide that this is the easiest, fastest, and most effective way to date nowadays, half of all people have tried it, and hundreds of thousands more try it each day. So, of course, the need for niches was born. Online dating websites took things to the next level and decided to create special websites for different kinds of people and people with different needs.
Mature Online Dating is a Large Market
The mature dating niche is truly one of the broadest. Firstly, because mature single people who stand confidently on their feet can afford to pay for quality online dating services, as they are focused on results. And secondly, by the age of maturity, people know and understand a lot about themselves, so they specifically follow their preferences. Mature singles’ preferences give rise to subcategories in the mature niche, including casual hookups and serious relationships, as well as international and interracial dating that will bring date seekers from the United States to Asia and around the world together.
Online dating has different combinations like young people seeking mature ones, matures looking for matures; an emphasis on a racial or cultural background is also possible. Search filters are so diverse on sites that finding mature Asian ladies dating for young men is as easy as it is for matures. While in the past, people who were over 40 and single with a passion for Asian women, who were divorced or widowed, did not have a way to connect to others in similar situations and got almost shunned from society and remained alone forever, nowadays it’s not the case anymore.
The main thing is that the site is aimed at the age of the target audience and is usable for the older generation.
How to Design a Mature-Friendly Dating Site
There are some peculiarities in creating online services for mature people so that they can be used by people over 40 without inconvenience or confusion during the dating process.
- No clutter – having a clean design that’s minimalistic is crucial as one likes things that are all over the place. While in the past, websites with a lot going on were the norm, now the simpler, the better
- Straightforward and intuitive – the website should be insanely easy to use. User experience is very important, and you need to remember that these are older people. They might not be very tech-savvy and shouldn’t get lost on the website trying to find the mature Asian dating subcategory. Keep everything one or two clicks away from the homepage at the most.
- Simple color scheme – create a safe space, with simple colors that will catch their eye but not look too menacing. Pastels and basic black and white are good options.
- No flashy colors or buttons – make mature singles feel welcomed and safe by not using flashing colors and buttons and getting them to panic that they’ve gotten a virus. They may not know much about websites and the Internet, so they will scare easily.
- Сlear and large font – The text on the pages of a dating site should be easy to read, as well as there is no need to place small and illegible inscriptions on important buttons such as “log in” or “swipe to like”. It’s better to use classic sans-serif font like Arial due to easier perception by the eyes of older people or people with visual impairments.
- Available on any device – make the website fit perfectly across all devices. While some might like browsing on desktop computers and laptops, the majority will probably prefer using it on the go. Especially if a person is traveling or looking for an Asian partner, being on the other side of the world, where the time zone is different, then it will be convenient to have access to their dating profile at any time. If possible, also create an app.
- Great search feature – this is absolutely imperative. Probably one of the most important features of the website. Make it easy to spot no matter where you are on the dating website and super easy to use. Have several functions available to users, from geolocation to filtering according to age, gender, sexual orientation, and more.
There are several other aspects that you should take into consideration, but the others are more on the turf of how to design a website in general and aren’t necessarily connected to making a mature dating website.
What is most important to remember out of all of this is that you must do your research and understand your target audience as well as possible. If necessary, try focus groups and questionnaires and ask them directly. Meet their needs and adapt and change if the users raise demands or have opinions that could improve their experience.