5 Steps How to Create a Discord Bot Account
- Make sure you’re logged on to the Discord website.
- Navigate to the application page.
- Click on the “New Application” button.
- Give the application a name and click “Create”.
- Go to the “Bot” tab and then click “Add Bot”. You will have to confirm by clicking “Yes, do it!”
How to Create a Discord Bot for Free with Python – Full Tutorial
We are going to use a number of tools, including the Discord API, Python libraries, and a cloud computing platform called Repl.it.
How to Set Up Uptime Robot
Now we need to set up Uptime Robot to ping the webserver every five minutes. This will cause the bot to run continuously.
Create a free account on https://uptimerobot.com/.
Once you are logged in to your account, click “Add New Monitor”.
For the new monitor, select “HTTP(s)” as the Monitor Type and name it whatever you like. Then, paste in the URL of your web server from repl.it. Finally, click “Create Monitor”.
We’re done! Now the bot will run continuously so people can always interact with it on Repl.it.
You now know how to create a Discord bot with Python, and run it continuously in the cloud.
There are a lot of other things that the discord.py library can do. So if you want to give a Discord bot even more features, your next step is to check out the docs for discord.py.