GetContact app allows you to define number owners and find out how a contact is signed in other users address book. In October 2021, 3 years after its launch, the application ranks second among the AppStore’s top charts in the Utility section. And this despite the fact that GetContact collects the personal data of users. In this article, we explains how to delete personal data from the GetContact database.
How to delete your number from GetContact?
As noted by the developers themselves, deleting a profile in GetContact does not remove the number from the database application. However, to protect yourself, it is recommended to deactivate the account. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the app and go to the “Other” menu;
- Select “Settings” and then “Account Setup”;
- Go to “Account Management”, click “Lock Account” and confirm the action.
It is noteworthy that your data will not be visible in the application until you log in to GetContact again.
To completely remove your data from the app you should do the following:
- Go to page of official site GetContact: https://www.getcontact.com/en/unlist ;
- Log in;
- Scroll to the end of the page that opens and click Visibility settings;
- To prevent your data and tags from being available to other users, switch the slider to Off;
- Confirm the action.
After performing these actions, your personal data will be hidden from search and your account will be deleted.